New Dorp Restaurant Crawl
New Dorps first restaurant crawl begins today at 2pm!
The idea may have started from the original North Shore restaurant crawl – this time it is in New Dorp. The location may seem better as there are no cars involved, every restaurant is walking distance so no need to search for parking. $10 per person is the cover charge to sample a wide diversity of restaurants on New Dorp.
There is everything from a few pizzeria’s all with different specialty offerings, a few Asian cuisine, American Bakeries and sandwich shops, Italian Fine Dining, a Greek Diner, a dessert cafe, Indian food and even a Mediterranean place and a Vietnamese place – all within walking distance. Let’s do a run down of each place that is participating and offering a sample during the crawl.
About WhereYouEat.com, we are Staten Islands most comprehensive Restaurant Dining Guide with Menus, Photos and Grand Openings of every restaurant across our lovely borough
- Brioso Is an Italian Restaurant located at 174 New Dorp Lane, the restaurant serves Lunch and Dinner with traditional items such as Penne Integrali Primavera, Fettucine Alla Boscaiola, Tagliata Di Manzo Con Arugola E Pomodoro and many other Italian Specialties.
- Crown Place Originally was strictly a Chinese cuisine with a private party room and full sized bar. The restaurant has a large focus on parties and can accomadete up to 120 People. Recently Crown Palace added Sushi to their menu and expanded more offerings to fit the demands of the market.
- Dominic’s Bakery, a cafe and a Bakery with specialty offerings such as Quiche, unique style sandwiches such as Asparagus Port and Cajun Chicken Pita, constantly has specialties available in store.
- Jade Asian Bistro The new kid on the block with a promise to bring diversity to the neighborhood. Jade Asian is the only place to serve Soup Dumplings made in-house on Staten Island. That’s right, these Steamed Juicy Buns that many Staten Islanders are used to driving to 8th avenue in Brooklyn (us included or even as far as Williamsburg to Shanghai Bistro – are now available within walking distance during the crawl.
- La Strada a Fine Italian restaurant open for Lunch, Dinner and Private Parties. The restaurants dinner menu offers items such as Veal Valentino. Specialty Luncheon Menu starts at $21 per person with additions clearly visible on the menu posted.
- Mike’s Place This is the original Mike’s Place – although it was a few blocks up closer to the train station, the New Dorp location is what started the entire Mike’s trend and this has always been a neighborhood favorite. The restaurant/diner is open 24 hours and offers delivery. Some specialty items include the 8oz charbroiled burgers.
- Pho Rainbow this is another new comer to Staten Island and actually our second Vietnamese cuisine – they are also the only restaurant to feature a Vietnamese Sandwich, previously found nowhere on the Island. The sandwich is a Street-Food, for around $5 it comes loaded with your choice of meat or tofu, Pickled Carrots, Cilantro, Cucumber and Radish.
- Pizzeria Giove These guys are winners of many previous pizza contests and specialize in Gourmet Pie’s – Classic Italian Pie’s and Red Specialty Pizzas are served at this Staten Island hot spot.
- Pronto Pizza now with 5 locations on Staten Island – this Pizza place has always focused on creating and serving restaurant quality food to go. Lots of dinners, specialty pies, appetizers and salads make eating good food at home very simple and affordable.
- Something Sweet is a Cafe that offers many specialties such as Bubble Tea, Home Made Ice Cream and Aloe Vera drinks as well as slush.
- Sushi Excellent has always been a Staten Island favorite – especially after the renovations a few years ago with an addition to the top and outdoor dining it’s a great time to try this during the crawl.
- Taste of India Staten Island’s finest Indian Restaurant is conveniently located in the center of New Dorp – with it’s recent renovations last year and a trendy bar atmosphere it’s a great spot to try diversity cuisine that’s part of New Dorp.
- Villa Monte is a Neighborhood pizza spot with the management having 4 locations around Staten Island
- Zaghoul Grill a Mediterranean restaurant opened in the past few years with a renowned chef who prepares and cooks all food on premise.